** Important **
May 7, 2016
Objectives of Silent Saturday:
1. To give players a chance to trust their skills and instincts without sideline input, and without concern that their mistakes will be corrected from the sidelines in a game environment.
2. To foster leadership skills among the individual players as they have the unique opportunity of giving their coaches instructions on the field.
3. To foster a sense of true teamwork as the players must learn to rely upon one another and communicate with each other accordingly.
4. To remind coaches, parents and players that PRACTICE is the time for instruction. Games are the showcase for learning.
5. To remind everyone that youth soccer is PRIMARILY for the purpose of kids playing, learning and most of all. HAVING FUN!
Rules for Silent Saturday:
1. Coaches are permitted to call out for substitutions. Coaches may speak quietly to their players on the sidelines, giving them instructions to carry out onto the field such as 'Joe, I want you to switch positions with Vic'.
2. Parents are encouraged applaud play on both sides or bring pom poms, cow bells, drums, vuvuzela horns or other noise makers(NO WHISTLES PLEASE) to let the players hear their continued support. Parents are also encouraged to make posters, signs or banners showing their support.
3. If a coach, coaches, or the parents don't understand the concept of Silent Saturday, referees will
give a calm reminder to them to be appropriate and if they still don't understand, referees will report
this to the league in the game report.
U6 Games from 4/29/16 will be made up this week 5/6/16 as a double header.
U6 Games from 4/8/16 will be made up on 6/10/16
U8 - U14 Games from 4/9/16 will be made up on 6/11/16.
All Games will be played at the originally scheduled time.
AYSO Soccer Camp
Instructed By UK International
South Williamsport AYSO Region 578
Date: July 18 - July 22
Be part of The Best Possible Soccer Experience
For More Details -- Click here.
Help Support AYSO
Shop with Amazon Smile!
With the season of giving approaching, there isn’t a better
time to start thinking about how to help more kids play more soccer.
Upcoming Training Dates
Detailed Information can be found HERE.
Apparel Fundraiser Has Ended
Thank You to everyone that ordered apparel to support South AYSO.
Soccer Camp Photos- July 2015
Soccer Camp - July 2015
Spring Raffle Winners
First Prize -
$500 Best Buy Gift Card Torey Packard
Second Prize - $300 Cash Marion Burgess
Third Prize - $150 Cash
Fourth Prize - $100 Cash Scott Lorson
Fifth Prize - $50 Cash
Congratulations to all the winners
Prizes will be mailed to those who were not present at the picnic.